Nationwide Limited Repair Warranty
This warranty is made by the Glenshaw Auto Service Inc. and is administered by Federated Care Care Center. This warranty applies only to the vehicle owner at the time of the original repair and is not transferable.
Glenshaw Auto Service Inc. warrants the repairs and services performed will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 36 months or unlimited miles of use, whichever comes first. We agree to honor the warranty for any vehicles returning to our shop for service under the 25-mile rule. We also agree to honor the manufacturer’s written warranty (labor excluded) on parts replacement outside the Federated Care Care Center warranty period of 36 months or unlimited miles (whichever comes first) and the manufacturer’s written warranty will govern the product replacement.
See the Federated Care Care Center website for full warranty terms, reimbursement limits, what’s not covered, and excluded parts and services.
Who Makes This Warranty?
This limited warranty is extended only to you, the original purchaser, and not to anyone who may purchase your vehicle from you during the term of the warranty. This limited warranty is made by the Independent Repair Facility (“Dealer”) who is so named on the original repair order and performed the service/repairs on your vehicle. This warranty will be honored by any Federated Care Care Center Dealer participating in this program, or any other authorized repair facility anywhere in the United States. This warranty is not a warranty by Federated Car Care Center, its employees, jobbers, member companies, or the administrator, Sonsio Administrative Services, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries or any of their employees, or member companies. Sonsio Administrative Services, Inc. serves as the administrator only.
Obtaining Warranty Service
What is Covered by the Warranty:
- This warranty covers the following types of repairs and services:
- Air conditioning, heating and climate control systems.
- Brake system.
- Clutches – clutch component or assembly repair and replacement
- Engine cooling systems.
- Engine performance, drivability services and repairs.
- Emission control system.
- Electronic engine management system and other on-board computer systems, (engine, body, brake and suspension computers), cruise-control systems.
- Drive axles (differential assembly and components, i.e. gears, bearings, shafts, and seals)
- Electrical systems.
- Exhaust system.
- Fuel systems.
- Ignition system.
- Other minor repairs and services
- Starting and charging systems.
- Steering/suspension systems, wheel bearings, CV joints / U-joints, half-shafts and drive shafts.
- Transaxles (differential assembly and components, i.e. gears, bearings, shafts, and seals)
The Independent Repair Facility warrants that the above repairs and services performed at their location will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 36 months or unlimited miles of use, whichever comes first, measured from the date of the first repair and the odometer reading shown on the original repair order. This warranty is conditioned on the vehicle being subjected only to normal use and receiving reasonable and necessary maintenance during the warranty period. Warranty repair costs shall in no case exceed the costs of the original related repair or service. If there is a defect in either materials or workmanship within the warranty period, the Independent Repair Facility shall have the option to either perform remedial service work at no charge to you, replace the defective warranted part(s) without charge to you, or refund to you the entire charge for the warranted repairs, minus any previous refunds or credits.
STATE OF CALIFORNIA ONLY: A buyer of covered products or services has the right to have warranty service performed during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for the number of whole days that the vehicle has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists within the warranty period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been fixed. The warranty period will also be extended if the warranty repairs have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of the buyer, or if the warranty repairs did not remedy the defect, and the buyer notifies the warranty administrator of the failure of the repairs within 60 days after they were completed. If, after a reasonable number of attempts, the defect has not been fixed, the buyer may return his vehicle for a replacement of parts, if applicable, or a refund, in either case, subject to deduction of a reasonable charge for usage. This time extension does not affect the protections or remedies the buyer has under other laws.
Where You Can Obtain Warranty Service:
If you are less than 25 miles away from the original repairing Federated Care Care Center location, you must return your vehicle to the Federated Care Care Center Dealer location where the warranted service was performed and present your copy of the repair order to the Dealer. If your vehicle is inoperable, and you are more than 25 miles away from the original repairing Federated Care Care Center Dealer location, you may be eligible for certain towing and/or rental car benefits as determined by the Administrator.
What is Not Covered by This Warranty:
You must pay for any non-warranty service you order to be performed at the same time as the warranty service. This warranty will not apply to your repaired vehicle if it has been damaged by abnormal use, misuse, neglect, accident, alteration or “tampering with” (by other than the Facility or Facility employees). This Warranty does not cover replacement or repairs due to normal wear and tear. The Facility’s employees and/or agents do not have authority to modify the terms of this warranty nor to make any promises in addition to those contained in this warranty. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT IN ANY WAY INCLUDE INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (additional expenses which you may incur as the result of faulty repair or service) or cover parts and labor due to normal wear and tear.
This Warranty does not cover repair(s) or replacement(s) except as listed in the section, “What is Covered by this Warranty,” even though the Facility may offer other services. Specifically excluded are any repairs involving replacement or removal of internally lubricated parts and other such repairs as listed below. Automotive repairs excluded from the Nationwide Limited Warranty include:
- ENGINE (excluding external engine seals and gaskets)
- Any internal repairs or replacement of internal components, or replacement of engine assembly.
- TRANSMISSION (excluding external transmission seals and gaskets)
- Automatic – any internal repair or component replacement.
- Manual – any internal repair or component replacement.
- AUTO BODY, PAINT, MOLDING REPAIR
- Any repair or materials related to auto body repair work.
- Glass related repairs.
- REPAIRS PERFORMED ON COMMERCIAL USE VEHICLES with a load carrying capacity greater than 1 1/2 tons are excluded
- TIRES, BATTERIES (excluding Hybrid Drive Battery replacements)
- USED OR SALVAGED PARTS
- PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SERVICES (excluding belt and hose replacement)
- Oil changes, fluid changes and flushes, wiper blades, filters.